Saturday, March 2, 2013

De-'fuzzball'


Getting ready for my next Pinterest Challenge project, I had a little problem- there were little balls of lint (or as I fondly refer to them- fuzzballs) all over my sweater! I had no idea how to get rid of them until I saw a new article from Cotton&Curls. She posted a tutorial no more than a week ago on how to de-pill your clothes! Can you say perfect timing?

So I stole my husband's old razor and got to work. You want to use small strokes and go slowly so you avoid creating holes similar to the 2 or 3 that my sweater now has. I had to clean the fuzzballs out from between the blades every few minutes or it stopped being very effective. After you've finished a good section, you take packing tape or masking tape, basically any kind of tape you have on hand, and use it to pick up the little balls of lint you've just shaved off. Its kind of a time consuming project (or maybe my sweater was just in that bad of shape) but it definitely did the trick!

(Please ignore my awful chipping nail polish!)

I really hope its obvious to you in the pictures because it definitely is in real life. The texture is so soft now and in perfect condition for my next project. Can't wait to show you guys!

1 comment: