Thursday, August 15, 2013

Family, Home, and Me with Jessie


My friend, Jessie, is up next for our FHandM series. Her blog, Adventures of a Pinner, documents the outcome of yummy recipes and crafts that she has found on Pinterest. Take it away, Jessie!


We are foodies around my house, we love to eat and trying new recipes is one of my favorite things to do with my family. My girls love to help me cook, well mostly bake so I take that time to spend some one on one time with them. I try and make one new recipe a week; it’s been great I have made some yummy stuff. I love sharing food with people because I feel food has so much love in it, having people come over for dinner and having them just really enjoy the food and to tell me its delish makes me happy to know that I could bring joy to someone else with food.  Here is one of our favorite recipes (sorry no pics but I promise it’s AMAZING):

Chicken Broccoli Casserole
1 to 2 pkgs stove top
1 to 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
16 oz. sour cream
2 cups cooked chicken (bite size)
1 pkg frozen broccoli (I use fresh)
1 cup cheese

Pre heat the oven to 350. Mix together soup, sour cream, chicken, broccoli, and cheese put in a baking dish. Prepare the stove top sprinkle on top of the soup mixture and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!!! 

I’ll admit it I’m not a clean freak and I’m not very good at keeping things organized but I try. If you’re like me and have 6 people living in your two bedroom house, plus 3 dogs and one cat and you have a hard time keeping up with your house work, then I suggest you make a cleaning schedule. I try and do at least one room a day because I have so many people in my small two bed room house and it gets messy super-fast! I also have a hard time keeping up with all my laundry so I make a day for that too. I find that it’s just all around easier to keep my house clean when I stick to my schedule.

Monday- kitchen
Tuesday- living room
Wednesday- bathroom/laundry
Thursday- bedrooms
Friday- kitchen (again)
Saturday- I take the day off to spend time with the family
Sunday- living room/ bathroom. My girls love to help me cook (well, mostly bake) so I take that time to spend some one on one time with them.


I have two girls, a 5 year old and a 17 month old so I don’t get very much mommy time, but when I do I like to find new recipes on Pinterest. I love cooking and trying new recipes, I think that food helps the soul J or maybe I just say that so I don’t feel so guilty when I make cookies and eat 3. I also like to try DIY beauty products; I came across a blackhead remover that is super easy and amazing! It only has two ingredients, half of a lemon and 4 drops of honey rub it on your face and let it sit for 5 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. It makes your skin soft and your pores look smaller and cleaner.  


Thank you so much, Jessie! Be sure to check out some of the yummy recipes on her blog, Adventures of a Pinner.

If you are interested in participated in our FHandM series, please email me at
gracefullykensie [at] gmail [dot] com.

No comments:

Post a Comment