Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cream of Tartar on Stainless Steel


I've tried quite a few different things to try to clean the outside of my dirty old toaster oven and nothing ever seemed to cut it. There were always streaks and finger prints left behind. So I found an idea on Pinterest for using Cream of Tartar to clean stainless steel claiming to make my appliances look brand new so I had to give it a try. 

All you have to do is mix 1 tbsp. of Cream of Tartar with a few drops of water. Rub the mixture onto your appliance with a sponge and wipe clean with a damp paper towel.  Easy as that. 

Here are some before and after shots for you to take a look at:

You can definitely tell a difference. I didn't have the "It looks brand new again!" experience that I was hoping for, but it is a whole heck of a lot better than it was before. Turns out Kim from Tales + Tips (where I got the idea) discovered that Bar Keepers Friend is an easier and cheaper solution than using Cream of Tartar. I have also read recently on The Manly Housekeeper that Mark used Bar Keepers Friend to clean the anti-slip grips on the bottom of his tub with amazing results. Sounds like I'm going to have to give this stuff a try and report back. Stay tuned!

Please disregard how dirty the INSIDE of my toaster oven is. 
That's up there on my list, don't worry.  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment