Monday, July 22, 2013

All-natural bathtub cleaner

Alright, guys. Here it is. I found my new favorite way to clean my bathtub. You're going to read it and think I've lost my mind, but it's seriously awesome. It's so different that, dare I say it, it makes cleaning my tub fun! Well, for me at least. And it doesn't get more kid friendly than this. I would trust my 2 1/2 year old to use this! I found this recipe amidst many other green cleaning recipes here. I'm definitely going to try a few others, but I couldn't wait to share this with you guys. 



Tub Cleaner
1/2 grapefruit
1/4 cup kosher salt

Cover your grapefruit half with some of the salt and scrub your tub. I continually added more salt as I needed more scrubbing power.


My tub was REALLY bad so I had to use the whole grapefruit, but it worked so well and I'm sure on a tub that gets cleaned regularly, half a grapefruit would work just fine. Completely destroyed the water ring and hard water build-up! And does anyone else hate having to rub your hand along the sides of your dirty tub searching for any foreign texture just to make sure you got it all? This may sound gross, but I liked how it kind of tinted the dirty parts so I didn't miss anything and I didn't have to feel for anything grody. I think my favorite part was that it left my whole bathroom smelling so citrusy clean. 


So there you have it! An awesome, all-natural, super kid-friendly, green cleaning recipe for your tub. Try it out and let me know how it works for you. Or better yet, let your kids do it. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment