Monday, May 20, 2013

Vitamin E Eye Cream


I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I really don't have any eye wrinkles yet. I definitely have some severe under eye circles and some serious bags, but not really any wrinkles. The only reason I'm telling you this is so you know that I can't tell you if this eye cream is effective in that sense. What I WILL tell you is that I love this eye cream anyway. It really improved the texture of the skin around my eyes which made makeup application a breeze. 

I got 12 of these little bitty containers at the dollar store. SUPER handy!

This recipe has only 2 ingredients and no specific measurements so it can't get more simple than that. 

Eye Cream

Coconut Oil

Vitamin-E (I used about 6 capsules for my container)


Fill your container almost all the way full with coconut oil and heat it up for about 30 seconds in the microwave, just until it's a consistency that will lend itself to mixing with another ingredient. Pierce the vitamin E capsules (I used an exacto knife), squeeze the contents into the coconut oil and mix together. Coconut oil solidifies under 76 degrees so it will harden back up as it cools. I told you- simple. The squeezing step is SUPER messy, though! Is there an easier way of going about this that I don't know about?


If you're interested in the health benefits of vitamin E and/or the original recipe, it can be found here. She covers a lot of pros to using vitamin E and it's definitely worth a read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment